Buckle up, Cisco certification holders: It’s time to hit the turbo boost button and race to recertification. Starting July 19, 2023, you have 30 days to complete the Rev Up to Recert Bonus program and earn up to 56 Continuing Education (CE) credits for free.
We’re always looking at new ways to fuel our learning and certification community forward. Now, with the latest round of the Rev Up to Recert program, completing your recertification requirements is easier and more accessible than ever before. Keep reading for details on Rev Up to Recert Bonus, including how it works, what you need to know before you get started, where to find support, and more tips to help you make the most of this special program.
What is Rev Up to Recert?
The Rev Up to Recert program offers active Cisco certification holders a free way to earn CE credits. Each round of Rev Up to Recert highlights specific technology training which must be completed within a designated time frame. Once the required learning is completed, a claim must be submitted to the Continuing Education Portal.
Within the last six months, we’ve introduced multiple Rev Up to Recert programs across tech topics like Cybersecurity, Enterprise, and Python. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with each new round of Rev Up growing by the thousands.
If you ask us, the program’s popularity lies in the fact that participants must adhere to a very specific timeline. Also, we highlight newer Learning Paths, focus on helping you build high-demand skills… and well, it’s hard to pass on the chance to earn free CE credits.
So, we super-sized it.
Introducing Rev Up to Recert Bonus
Now that you understand what Rev Up to Recert is, it’s easy to understand why this 30-day sprint includes ‘Bonus’ in its name. Until now, the maximum amount of CE credits you could earn by completing a previous Rev Up to Recert round was under 15 CE credits. But with Rev Up to Recert Bonus, you can earn up to 56 CE credits. In just 30 days. For free.
How it works
Rev Up to Recert Bonus covers three different technology topics, each with its own respective Learning Path and unique number of CE credits. Once you complete a learning path, you must submit a CE claim to the Continuing Education Portal within the time frames noted below.
Rev Up to Recert Bonus Learning Paths:
- Implementing and Troubleshooting Networks Using Cisco ThousandEyes (ENTEIT 1.0) | 24 CE credits
You must complete the ENTEIT Learning Path by August 17, 2023. The deadline to claim your Continuing Education credits is August 31, 2023. Sign in to Cisco U. and start learning today. Get started now.
- Secure Cloud and Network Analytics | 16 CE credits
You must complete the Learning Path by August 17, 2023. The deadline to claim your Continuing Education credits is August 31, 2023. Sign in to the Cisco Learning Network and start learning today. Get started now.
- Understanding Cisco Network Automation Essentials (DEVNAE) | 16 CE credits
This Learning Path will not expire, and you’ll have 365 days to claim your CE credits. Sign in to Cisco U. and start learning today. Get started now.
Each Learning Path is completely free during the 30-day promotional period with the exception of the DEVNAE Learning Path. DEVNAE is included in the Cisco U. Free plan, and it’s eligible for up to 16 CE credits on an ongoing basis.
New job role? New product deployment? New work challenge? No matter where you need to go, Cisco U. will show you the way. Learn more in “Cisco U. 101: What are Learning Paths?” Watch now.
What you need to know
- First and foremost, you need to know if you are, in fact, Cisco Certified. When we created the Rev Up to Recert program(including this Bonus round), we designed it for active Cisco certification holders. To be clear, you don’t need to be Cisco Certified to take advantage of this free learning opportunity. However, completing Rev Up, or any other Cisco Continuing Education activities, for that matter—cannot be applied to expired Cisco certification(s).
- If you are actively Cisco Certified, visit the Cisco Candidate Portal to find your current certification status. Then, familiarize yourself with our Recertification Policy. If your certification expires sooner than is comfortable, there are other ways to complete requirements besides Cisco Continuing Education. Regardless of how you do it, recertification in and of itself is your responsibility.
- If your Cisco certification is expired, there is only one way to earn active status: You must complete the full exam process (again). Don’t let it happen. If you need to, revisit the Cisco Recertification Policy and/or check your certification status on the Cisco Candidate Portal.
- If you are not an active Cisco certification holder, I encourage you to explore the how Cisco certification can transform your skills, career—and even life. You never know—you could become our next certification success story.
- Use the Cisco Login/CCO ID associated with your active certifications across learning activities. That means you will use the same login for Cisco U. and/or the Cisco Learning Network. Trust me, this will make submitting your CE claim much easier later.
- You won’t earn… unless you learned. (And we’ll know.) You must complete the entire learning path and for the Cisco U. Learning Paths score a minimum of 80% on post-learning assessments for CE credits to be awarded.
- Learning alone doesn’t mean you’re on your own. Stop by the Cisco Learning Network and turn on notifications for the Rev Up to Recert community topic. This is where you can bring your questions and get help from our community of learners and experts, as well as our staff, as you navigate Rev Up activities and requirements.
Unleash the power of learning
Lifelong learners and Cisco certification holders, you have 30 days to earn up to 56 CE credits for free starting July 19, 2023. The clock is ticking. And remember, in today’s fast-paced tech world, if your skills and knowledge aren’t moving forward, you’re falling behind. So, keep learning—and keep your certifications. You earned them.
Refresh your skills, refine your knowledge, and fast-track your recertification journey.
Rev Up to Recert Bonus is available now through August 17, 2023, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
Read next: Tips on low-cost CE Credit Options by Matt Saunders, Community Manager. As a cost-effective option, we highly recommend Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) v2.0. You’ll get access to this on-demand course for 180 days, earn 18 CE credits, and further your security knowledge.
Read next: 6 Tips for Maintenance During Your Certification Journey by Joe Clarke, Cisco Distinguished Engine
Follow Cisco Learning & Certifications
Use #CiscoU and #CiscoCert to join the conversation.